Apply For School Direct
Do you possess...?
- A positive outlook
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organisational and excellent time management skills
- Passionate about making a difference to the lives and development of young people
- Resilient, patient and adaptable
- Friendly and approachable
- Enthusiastic about your subject(s)
- Creative and imaginative
- Reflective and do you strive to improve your practice
Whether you are a final year student, a recent graduate, someone interested in a career change, returning to work after a career break, provided that you are enthusiastic about making a difference to the lives of young people then we want to hear from you!
Our Entry Criteria
Applicants interested in Primary Teacher Training are required to hold a minimum of an Lower Second class degree (2:2) and a grade C or above in GCSE English, Maths and Science. A minimum of ten days relevant experience in a school is also required.
Secondary applicants are required to hold a minimum of a Second class degree in a relevant subject area (Upper Second, 2:1 or Lower Second, 2:2). However, if your degree subject does not link closely with the subject you are applying for, you may be eligible for a subject knowledge enhancement (SKE) course and this would be discussed with you on receipt of your application. Secondary applicants will also need grade C or above in GCSE English and Maths and a minimum of five days relevant experience in a school.
For information about arranging a School Experience Placement, click here.
As part of the application process, applicants will also need to:
- Successfully complete the National College for Teaching and Learning (NCTL) Professional Skills tests in Literacy and Numeracy. Information regarding this can be found at: http://www.education.gov.uk/get-into-teaching/apply-for-teacher-training/skills-tests
- We advise that you book the skills tests as soon as you have submitted your application via UCAS. You should aim to pass these tests as soon as possible to give yourself the best chance of securing a place on the programme. Skills tests usually need to be passed by the end of June in the year you are applying.
- Complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) declaration regarding any criminal convictions and your suitability to work with young people.
How to Apply
We are looking to recruit talented trainees who have the qualities and attributes suited to a career in teaching and the drive and ambition to make it happen!
We are offering School Direct places across a range of phases and subject areas and will be working with our Alliance and University Partners to deliver high-quality school based training.
To apply for a School Direct Initial Teacher Training place with The Humber Teaching School go to the UCAS website www.ucas.com/teacher-training
Follow the link below to watch some videos on applying through UCAS: www.ucas.com/connect/videos
For all enquiries regarding Teacher Training and working with The Humber Teaching School, telephone 01472 582557 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org