Primary School Direct ITT
Do you possess..?
- A positive outlook
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organisational and excellent time management skills
- Passionate about making a difference to the lives and development of young people
- Resilient, patient and adaptable
- Friendly and approachable
- Creative and imaginative
- Reflective and driven to improve your practice
- If so then the Primary School Direct ITT could be the route for you!
What is School Direct?
- School Direct is a route into teaching which allows participants the opportunity to work closely with schools to gain their Teaching Qualification.
- School-led training options for graduates give a practical, 'hands-on' training experience to graduates in a school. This type of training gives you the chance to learn on the job in at least two schools, learning first-hand from experienced colleagues and putting your new skills into practice from day one.
- School-led courses generally last a year and result in the award of Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
What are the benefits?
- Opportunities to work collaboratively in a partnership of schools, some who are recognised nationally for their leading practice
- A comprehensive, high-quality training experience, delivered by outstanding practitioners in supportive partner schools
- 'Immersion Placements' during which you will join your placement school on the first day of term, providing early classroom experience and developing confidence and building on prior experience at your own pace
- Subject Specialism and generic-themed professional development opportunities which are delivered by your placement school, University Partner and The Humber Teaching School
- Experienced and well-trained mentors in placement schools; our selected mentors are outstanding practising teachers who have been recognised for their high-quality teaching and for their experience in supporting trainee teachers
- Access to wider professional opportunities, for example, networked subject development, experiences in different settings and a full range of extra-curricular activities, CPD and staff meetings
- A successful rate of employment in our schools, 100% of trainees secured employment in schools during the last academic year
- Structured professional support following appointment: from Newly Qualified and Recently Qualified Teacher programmes through to Continuous Professional Development to NPQML and NPQSL qualifications
Our Entry Criteria
Applicants interested in Primary Teacher Training are required to hold:
- A minimum of an Lower Second Class degree (2:2)
- Grade C or above in GCSE English, Maths and Science.
- Complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) declaration regarding any criminal convictions and your suitability to work with young people.
- School experience is advisable, but not essential. If you feel this is an area you would like to develop, why not contact us to arrange a school based placement in one of our education settings click here.